[Asterisk-Users] Using Asterisk in home environment - room with speakers&mic as IP phone ?

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Mon Aug 16 03:29:23 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm designing integrated home entertainment/automation system, where I plan
to use only speakers, Microphone and IR receivers in each room for whole
bunch of stuff (listening to music, (web) radio, speech announcements,
etc...) - and would also like to include IP phone functionality - but the
main problem is acoustic echo (cause this is speakerphone setup).

Has anyone any idea or advice how to deal with this in HW or SW? Are there
any HW acoustic echo cancelers that could be used on audio in/out of sound
card that goes to each room ?  Can this be done in SW ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Robert.