[Asterisk-Users] Inbound Free World Dialup - extension not ringing?

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Sun Aug 15 16:01:00 MST 2004

I have my server on a public IP address, so I am not behind any NAT.

But take a look at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+iax.conf

One of the problems could be the notransfer option in this config file.  I suspect that what you may be seeing(and I am no expert, but have been reading here extensively) is FWD and Asterisk trying to drop out of the voice path by having the two 'phones' talk directly to each other and are unable to accomplish this because of the NAT.  The canreinvite and nat options control this behavior for sip.

Lyle