[Asterisk-Users] Vlan question

asteriskstuff at ziplip.com asteriskstuff at ziplip.com
Sun Aug 15 04:17:07 MST 2004

There is a way to ensure traffic prioritisation...but it can work out a little expensive.

1.  Use 3Com 4400 PWR as your switch.

2.  Use 3Com NJ200/NJ220 (US) or NJ205/NJ225 (EU) POE Multiport switches

3.  Use 3CNJVOIP-CPOD POE --> 7960 POE/Data splitters for power and data connections to the phone.

The 4400 Delivers Power to the NJ2xx switches, these switches have 4 ports which can be individually selected to handle traffic prioritisation on a per port basis.

The NJ2xx switches are fully managed supporting SNMP, Power forwarding and 802.1x security....

This is how I've configured my LAN, and Phones get priority for network traffic.

Have fun