[Asterisk-Users] Help - is voip good for in-house calls?

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sat Aug 14 15:22:42 MST 2004

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Francis Augusto Medeiros wrote:

> My concern was if I'd have to teach folks how to dial, but I guess
> that I can still have the option to assign a number that will give
> immediate access to the PSTN, so no need to make a special dialplan to
> acomodate the weird numbering system we have in Brazil (sometimes we
> dial 7 numbers, sometimes 8, sometimes 12, sometimes 13, etc.)

With overlap dialing enabled in Asterisk this should work. We have a
similar setup. Note that Asterisk is mostly tested with enbloc-dialing
which seems to be the norm in USA where the numbering plan has a fixed
length. We have gotten overlap dialing to work correctly except for the
call records but they are not that important to us. I hope to create a
patch for that after 1.0 has been released.

Peter