[Asterisk-Users] Using a TE405P to connect to an existing PBX

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Aug 13 23:48:02 MST 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, drodden wrote:

> Sorry guys. Wrong model, I meant a T100P card. I have 1, and can order
> another if we get this one working. I could use 1 server, or 2.
> Sorry, I am a little confused on the lingo. I understand that what we
> have is 3 T1 PRI links, from 3 different carriers. That's how it was
> described to me. There are 23 phone lines and 1 Data Channel, the B
> Chan, thus it supports Caller ID and such. We have an old old old AT&T
> voice T1 that has 24 phone lines, no Data channel, thus no caller ID.
> The PBX we're trying to interface to has 2 T1 PRI's plugged into it.

It sounds like the one with 23B+1D is a PRI with ccs, the other one is a
digital trunk line then. It is possible to configure the later to have
callerid.

[snip]

> We have two of these at the other location. I want to be able to emulate
> this with 1 or two T100P cards, in 1 or 2 different servers, depending
> on how much redundancy that location wants.

Is this what you want to build?

      /-T1 PRI-\                 asterisk --T1 PRI-- remote pbx
  pbx            asterisk --ip-<
      \-T1 PRI-/                 asterisk --T1 PRI-- second remote pbx

Peter