[Asterisk-Users] te410p and Telstra Onramp 10

Fri Aug 13 18:36:29 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 22:06, Craig Guy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now that these cards have approval in Australia, has anyone had any luck in
> connecting them to a Telstra Onramp 10 service?  Are these configured as a
> PRI, bchan=1-10, dchan=16 in zaptel.conf and switchtype=euroisdn in
> zapata.conf?  Better yet anyone have any of the above .conf files they could
> share?

Yes, it works fine... although I get 'static' on calls connected to
'some' numbers (sometimes).... Where static could be echo/feedback/weird
sounds while the remote person talks. Only the remote person hears it.
zaptel.conf:
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-10
unused=11-15,17-31
dchan=16

asterisk/zapata.conf
[channels]
usecallingpres=yes
relaxdtmf=no
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
busydetect=no
pridialplan=local
nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=0011
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
callwaitingcallerid=no
threewaycalling=no
transfer=no
cancallforward=no
callreturn=no
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
callerid=asreceived
adsi=no
callprogress=no

switchtype => euroisdn
signalling => pri_cpe
callgroup => 1
group => 2
immediate => no
context => remote
channel => 1-10

That's what I use... If anyone happens to see something I am doing which
might break things/cause the problems I am having, please let me know...

I would also be interested to hear how your setup goes... Mostly I have
the problem when I call my mobile from a TDM FXS port on the same
asterisk box.

> Is an onramp 10 what is referred to as a 'channel bank'?

No, channel bank converts the E1/T1 into  analogue lines.

Regards,
Adam