[Asterisk-Users] Cisco Router as Gateway for FXO Ports

Bryan Vyhmeister asterisk at bsdjournal.net
Fri Aug 13 14:00:12 MST 2004

Because of all the troubles I am having with the TDM400P cards working
consistently for outgoing calls, I am trying to setup a Cisco router as
my pstn gateway. The router is a 1751-V with a VIC2-4FXO card installed.
I followed the examples at the following two links to get it setup:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cisco+FXO
http://www.tape.net/~gerry/asterisk/cisco26x0.html

After everything is up and running, outgoing calls from my Asterisk PBX
route just fine through the Cisco without any trouble but incoming calls
to the Cisco are picked up and then immediately given a busy signal. Is
anyone successfully getting this type of setup to work? Any help would
be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Bryan