[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 79xx series IP phones

asteriskstuff at ziplip.com asteriskstuff at ziplip.com
Fri Aug 13 11:47:08 MST 2004

Shawn

If you can pick up say a 3com or HP POE (proper 802.3af switch NOT an injector) switch together with 3cnjvoip-cpod POE adaptors for the Cisco 7940/7960 phones you won't need a power brick for each phone and you also get a L3 switch thrown in (If you want to get funky also look out for 3com NJ200/NJ220(US) or NJ205/NJ225(EU) wall switches).

You'll get cost savings and better network management if implemented properly.

Paul