[Asterisk-Users] Euro isdn caller id problem

Asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Fri Aug 13 10:59:20 MST 2004

Ok, now I'm really getting places. Something else has got me stumped -
asterisk does not receive any callerid information.

If I set up an extension as follows:

exten => 444444,1,Sayalpha(${CALLERID})
exten => 444444,2,Hangup

I get the application saying

Executing SayAlpha("Zap/1-1","") in new stack

which implies that the ${CALLERID} variable is blank.

Do I need to setup callerid on my incoming line (BT euroisdn), or is it a
zapata.conf setting (I've investigated all of the callerid options)

Also, is there a function / command to display information on the command
line ?

for example, it would be useful to be able to say

exten => 1,DebugMessage("test message for ext &1, called from
&2",${EXTEN},${CALLERID})

and have that message appear on the asterisk console.

Julian.