[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 79xx series IP phones

Shawn Parker shawn.parker at cumulus.com
Fri Aug 13 10:27:16 MST 2004

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

One problem a colleague and I discussed moments ago is the system may
preform "better" if we're using a Layer 3 switch.  Which I would like
anyway, but isn't very cost effective for an office with 10 phones and 5
workstations.  A L3 switch would be almost half, if not more, the total
cost of the project build.  I guess it also depends on the amount of
traffic and calls made from the office.  But, other than the 4 sales
people, I don't imagine the office having a high volume of traffic in
and out.  It is a small publishing house not a call center or support
company.  The most they use the phone system for, other than selling
ads, is talking to each other and calling writers.

Cheers,

--
Shawn Parker
Network Administrator