[Asterisk-Users] Will this ISDN card work for me?

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Fri Aug 13 09:55:10 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 16:45, Rob Fugina wrote:
> I'm looking for an ISDN card that will work for me using either the
> i4l or capi with asterisk under Linux.  I'm in the US, so I need an
> ISDN-U interface.
>
> Can anyone tell me if this card will work for me?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14922&item=6700879965&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
>
> There are a lot available, and for what seems to be a good price,
> if anyone else is looking for the same thing -- if it's compatible,
> of course...
>
> As an alternative, if anyone can refer me to a source for a card that
> meets my specs, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO SO!

That card probably won't help. The Eicon Diva TA cards simulate a serial
port, which gives you a modem. They are not CAPI based and i don't think
you can get them to run with ISDN4Linux either (no need to), so for
Asterisk it wouldn't work.

Unfortunatly i can't tell you much about ISDN cards with U interface,
since i'm not in the US, but you will have to look at something, that
has Linux CAPI support or a AVM Fritz! card should do. I think there is
a version, that has a U interface.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen