[Asterisk-Users] H323 call dropped when answered

Asterisk . asterisk_in at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 02:30:05 MST 2004

Hello,

I posted mails regarding the same issue just 1 week back (Sub: H323 Call Dropping, and then OH323
Call Dropping). I was trying to connect from my CISCO ATA to Nextone using Asterisk and the calls
were dropping immediately after the calls were answered. I used chan_h323 for about 4 days, but
could not make it. Then i changed to chan_oh323 and finally got it working after trying that for
another 3 days using g729 codec. I also had issues with g711, and g723. I think your problem is
codec. Try SIP debug also and see the packets. If nothing works, try using chan_oh323.

> "Executing Dial("SIP/sj1-4ff7", "H323/h") in new stack"

This one is really frustrating. I had no clue when it happened to me, and i had no hangup command
in my dialplan.

Good Luck!

Girish