[Asterisk-Users] RE: Convert Cisco 7960 to sip

Bryan Vyhmeister asterisk at bsdjournal.net
Thu Aug 12 23:27:10 MST 2004

I had this problem with 7.1 initially because there are two different
filename schemes for 7.1. One is P003-07-1-00 which should be listed in
the file OS79XX.TXT on the tftp server and also P0S3-07-1-00 which
should be in SIPDefault.cnf on the tftp server as follows:

image_version: P0S3-07-1-00

I had trouble with the Universal Application Loader rebooting endlessly
because I had P003-07-1-00 listed in both OS79XX.TXT and SIPDefault.cnf.
This behavior differs from versions of the SIP software prior to 7. Once
I corrected SIPDefault.cnf to have P0S3-07-1-00 everything worked fine.

As I recall, the sequence for loading the files is the following. First,
P003-07-1-00.sbn is loaded into the phone as the SIP firmware. This
provides the Universal Application Firmware. When the phone boots it
then looks for P0S3-07-1-00.sb2 and P0S3-07-1-00.loads which actually
loads the rest of the software for using the phone. I am not sure if the
.sb2 or .loads file is loaded first although I do know that
P0S3-07-1-00.loads is briefly mentioned in the startup messages on the
phone itself.

Bryan