[Asterisk-Users] Re: <<< MEETME_AGI_BACKGROUND inside MEET ME>>>

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 07:20:23 MST 2004

In article <BAY15-F9GidY5gvAXWH000345ee at hotmail.com>,
jeff quade <jjq90 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Howdie-
>
> Spent a couple of days on this issue:
>
> >THE PRACTICAL APPLICATION here is to have a ZAP channel conference LEADER,
> >who would be able to launch "canned" audio presentations (of regional sales
> >data) into an existing conference, via a PHP AGI_BACKGROUND script using
> >the "GET DATA" or "STREAM FILE" AGI commands.
>
> It seems (at least I cant find a way) that there is **NO WAY** to play
> pre-recorded audio into a conference **Through manipulation of the
> dialplan*** via AGI or directly via a new channel set-up from Manager.

Actually I think it should be possible using the "Local" channel. That
allows you to call an extension, but make it the originator of the call,
and then make a call to another extension to connect it to.

I haven't tried this, and you have to fix the conference number:

In extensions.conf:
[presentation]
exten => 1,1,Answer
exten => 1,2,Wait(2)
exten => 1,3,Playback(/name/of/presentation/file)
exten => 1,4,Hangup

[confs]
exten => 333,1,Answer
exten => 333,2,MeetMe(1234)
exten => 333,3,Hangup

In a .call file or using the Manager interface:
Channel: Local/1 at presentation
Context: confs
Extension: 333

The above is off the top of my head, so check the command syntax for
correctness!

> Seems to me there has got to be a simple way to get this functionality
> without hacking into the source---- HAve I missed something obvious? Perhaps
> something via a loopback local channel?

That's what I have suggested above. I'm also looking at ways of doing
it within the app_meetme.c code itself, using the conf->chan channel.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield