[Asterisk-Users] BroadVoice Voicemail

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Thu Aug 12 05:43:14 MST 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Jay Milk wrote:

> Praytell, if you have Asterisk working, why do you even bother with the
> BroadVoice voicemail?  First order of business when I activated my BV
> lines was to disable voice-messaging and set "busy-forward" to my PSTN
> number (which in the meantime has been changed to my Vonage Softline)

For me the primary value is because I'm currently stuck with a
less-than-reliable ISP. That is, I am their network outage monitor: I
notice the network is down (it's a WISP), I call them, they say "oh, would
you look at that. it IS down!" and then they send somebody to do something
about it. So I'd like to let BV keep my voicemails for me during those
times when there are network issues between my box and theirs.

Greg