[Asterisk-Users] BRI and E1 in same system

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Thu Aug 12 03:40:46 MST 2004

Hi-

Anyone using the Junghann's quad BRI card and the Digium E100P in the same
system?

I'm having a configuration problem where I can configure the cards one at a
time (with the appropriate drivers loaded) in a system, but when I try them
both together, neither will work.  They both work fine one at a time.
Probably has something to do with the channel numbering.

I've tried numbering the channels with the E1 first (which produces lots of
modprobe errors), and then with the BRI span's first, which produces no
modprobe errors, but doesn't work.   Here is the latter configuration:

ZAPTEL.CONF (excerpt):
# qozap span definitions
# most of the values should be bogus because we are not really zaptel
span=1,1,3,ccs,ami
span=2,0,3,ccs,ami
span=3,0,3,ccs,ami
span=4,0,3,ccs,ami

# E1 definition:
span=5,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

#BRI's:
bchan=1,2
dchan=3
bchan=4,5
dchan=6
bchan=7,8
dchan=9
bchan=10,11
dchan=12

#E1:
bchan=13-27,29-43
dchan=28

---------------------------------------

ZAPATA.CONF (excerpt)
switchtype = euroisdn

; p2mp TE mode (for connecting ISDN lines in point-to-multipoint mode)
signalling = bri_cpe_ptmp

; define 4 BRI's:
pridialplan = unknown
prilocaldialplan = unknown
echocancel = yes

context=incoming
group = 1
; S/T port 1
channel => 1-2

group = 2
; S/T port 2
channel => 4-5

group = 3
; S/T port 3
channel => 7-8

group = 4
; S/T port 4
channel => 10-11

; E1 - for output to external Dialogic only
; we are pri_net in this case

group = 9
pridialplan = unknown
signalling=pri_net
channel => 13-27,29-43

STARTUP MODPROBES, ETC:
#following for Quad BRI system:
cd /usr/src/bri/bri-stuff.0.1.0-RC2g/qozap
modprobe -v zaptel >>/var/log/asterisk/modprobe.log
sleep 1
insmod -v qozap.o >>/var/log/asterisk/modprobe.log
sleep 1

# following for single E1 system
modprobe -v wct1xxp >>/var/log/asterisk/modprobe.log
sleep 2

ztcfg -vv >>/var/log/asterisk/modprobe.log
sleep 3
echo >>/var/log/asterisk/modprobe.log

Thanks for any help!
Regards