[Asterisk-Users] persistant SABME

aleph lammim tcpdump23 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 11 17:17:04 MST 2004

Folks,

I'm having asterisk connect to another device via an E1 PRI. However, using
"pri intense debug span 1" I'm seeing asterisk ONLY sending SABME packets.
No packets are received.

The other end is saying ISDN layer 2 is okay. Can this imply RX-errors where
the other device is ack'ing the SABME's (and hence considers layer 2
established), while asterisk isn't receiving anything in return?

Ignoring this (assuming for some wacko reason, this is OKAY), I put a
sample.call file in asterisk outgoing spool (Zap/g1) and asterisk very
quickly traverses all channels and then gives the following error:

Aug 12 03:13:20 NOTICE[245776]: channel.c:1597 __ast_request_and_dial:
Unable to request channel Zap/g1/[PHONENUMBERREMOVED]
Aug 12 03:13:20 NOTICE[245776]: pbx_spool.c:235 attempt_thread: Call failed
to go through, reason 0

Now the question is: whatchu gonna do, when they come for you?

Cheers folks,

al.