[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Audio Play out in Voice-mail

Tony Engel aengel at innovationtw.com
Wed Aug 11 12:46:26 MST 2004

I recently re-installed Asterisk on a new machine and everything seems to
work fine except when the system tries to play a prompt (i.e. voice-mail).
Watching the console shows it trying to play the appropriate prompts (I have
tried a few), but you never hear the audio and the system just sits there
until you go back on hook.  Is there something I am missing in the install?
Sorry if this is a stupid question.  I am fairly new to Linux and Asterisk.
Thanks in advance!

Tony