[Asterisk-Users] Static on outgoing calls (Quad E1)

Andres andres at telesip.net
Wed Aug 11 10:53:05 MST 2004

Ben Merrills wrote:

>If I call a number from my mobile say, it sounds fine! Nothing is wrong
>with the call quality at all. If I call asterisk (via the digium card)
>then route that call out to another mobile, that sounds just as bad as
>making the call from asterisk...
>
>So, to cap off,
>
>OK: Mobile -> EuroISDN -> Asterisk (TE410P E1) -> Anything
>BAD: SIP (Cisco) -> Asterisk (TE410P E1) -> Anything (Mobile, landline
>etc)
>Bad: Mobile -> Asterisk (TE410P E1) ReDialed -> Anything (Mobile,
>landline etc)

Can you try a SIP - Asterisk -PSTN - SIP call?

What I want to know is if you dial out of your Cisco SIP Phone via the
PRI and force that call to loop back immediately (by dialing one of your
DIDs) to your Asterisk an then get answered by another SIP Phone, does
the call sound bad?  I think the idea here is to isolate wether the bad
sound is due to your hardware and immediate PSTN switch or some farther
away PSTN switch.

Calls that go out of your Asterisk get routed one way in the PSTN jungle
and calls coming to you probably get routed another way.  Thats is one
way to explain why there is bad audio on outgoing calls and good on
incoming.

--
Andres
Network Admin