[Asterisk-Users] CallerID Debug On Zap/POTS Channel

Christopher L. Wade clwade at sparco.com
Wed Aug 11 10:21:20 MST 2004

Hi all,

I've been trying to wrap my mind around this one for several days now.
How can I 'debug' the CallerID reception on a Zap/POTS channel?  I have
a POTS line with CallerID and a Digium TDM11B card right now.  I have my
signalling set to ks for both sides, can make and receive calls just
fine.  But I never get CallerID on incoming calls.  I get the following
messages:

Aug 11 11:55:35 ERROR[360464]: callerid.c:193 callerid_feed: fsk_serie
made mylen < 0 (-26)
Aug 11 11:55:35 WARNING[360464]: chan_zap.c:5126 ss_thread: CallerID
feed failed: Success
Aug 11 11:55:35 WARNING[360464]: chan_zap.c:5168 ss_thread: CallerID
returned with error on channel 'Zap/4-1'

Or something very similar.  Does anybody have any idea how to debug this
so I can find out what needs to happen for my CallerID to work.  I have
changed almost every single setting in this file.

My zapata.conf is:
[channels]
usecallerid=yes
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0

context=internal
group=1
immediate=no
signalling=fxo_ks
channel => 1

context=external
group=2
callerid=asreceived
immediate=yes
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 4

In my extensions.conf is simply added a noop statement to print the
callerid for me, but nothing ever shows up.

Help?

Thanks,
Chris