[Asterisk-Users] Blocking the 'Do Not Call" List

Richard Lyman pchammer at dynx.net
Wed Aug 11 10:16:52 MST 2004

Chris Shaw wrote:
> That is a matter of opinion and not in any way factual.... SQL, just as
> everything else, is as secure as YOU make it... As you said, it's a language
> for querying relational databases, it has no knowledge of security. That's
> what firewalls, encryption and strong passwords are for...
>
> However, for the purpose of blocking numbers based on a do-not-call list, it
> will work perfectly fine. It's lightweight, fast and relatively efficient...

>>>how is SQL insecure?
>>
>>SQL itself is just a standard for querying relational databases, and
>>does not in itself specify or require security, nor does it have
>>inherent security problems.
>>
>>MySQL is a toy database that mostly ignores all but the most
>>superficial of the SQL standard and has a large catalogue of
>>bugs and misfeatures that can cause silent data corruption.

not getting into all the requirements placed on the 'downloader'
of the national do not call lists, nor the COST...

it is simple, heck pretty sure i wrote an agi for it over a year
ago. (or at least the initial concept code)  i'll see if i can
find it.

side note: a second is a second is a second... if you don't have
to run it, don't... so have some gotoif code that includes the
ndnc check only for that client.