[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Echo

Tor Roberts voip at sscsinc.com
Wed Aug 11 09:56:56 MST 2004

John,
I have a dozen polycom ip 600 phones that are connected to the PSTN with
two, digium 4 port fxo cards. I also had a lot of near side echo, but I
do not believe that it came from the phones. I was able to get rid of it
with these settings in my zapata.conf:

echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=500
rxgain=8.0
txgain=0.0

The polycoms do have echo canceling hardware buit in, but by default
only works on the speakerphone. You can enable it on the handset as
well, but in my case, it made no difference because the echo came from
the fxo cards.

-Tor