[Asterisk-Users] Blocking the 'Do Not Call" List

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Aug 11 09:19:34 MST 2004

Gabriel Millerd <gmillerd at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
>> If "less than a second" implies "best part of a second", then
>> that's a bit slow, although probably still good enough for this
>> application. (But I personally avoid MySQL for security reasons.)

> how is SQL insecure?

SQL itself is just a standard for querying relational databases, and
does not in itself specify or require security, nor does it have
inherent security problems.

MySQL is a toy database that mostly ignores all but the most
superficial of the SQL standard and has a large catalogue of
bugs and misfeatures that can cause silent data corruption.

--
First they blacklisted the porno spammers and I emailed nobody for I was not a
porno spammer. Then they blacklisted the open relays and I emailed nobody for I