[Asterisk-Users] asterisk -r and -rx questions

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Aug 11 07:21:02 MST 2004

I have two questions with using asterisk remote unix connections.

I'm running asterisk as "asterisk -gc"

Then I have two -r sessions... one just asterisk -r, and another that runs as

watch 'asterisk -rx "iax2 show channels"'

... so I have two remote sessions going and no verbosity.

First one...  Is there a way to turn OFF the

    -- Remote UNIX connection
    -- Remote UNIX connection disconnected

messages I'm seeing in my remote console?  I know I can hack the source but
this seems like a glaring oversight -- you can't have monitoring scripts
without them spamming your remote CLI.

Second question is about -rx

With the watch command (or just repeating the command from a BASH prompt) I
often have the last couple of lines from the output cut off.  Sometimes I
only get the header from the output of "iax2 show channels" with no channels
shown, although there are a half dozen in use.

I'm currently running CVS HEAD 20040806 but this particular problem I've
always had (I've been running Asterisk since October/November 2003).

Regards,
Andrew