[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Echo

John Bittner john at simlab.net
Wed Aug 11 06:47:11 MST 2004

Hi,

Just install 6 new polycoms at a customer and all of them have a major echo
issue. Have asterisk connected to the PSTN via digium 4 port fxo card in a
P4 running fedora.

I have tweaked zapata ....ran ztmonitor... just as a test I attached a cisco
7960.... the cisco has no echo problems.

Another issue I came up on is when I enable echo training I no longer can
hear any inbound voice.

Does anyone know if there is a setting in the polycom config that will cause
this.

The echo on the phones happen only on my side and only when I speak. The
polycoms play back my voice but delayed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

John Bittner
Simlab.net