[Asterisk-Users] Semi-OT: Splitting a PRI into two PRI's?

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Wed Aug 11 06:38:46 MST 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Martin List-Petersen wrote:
> Shouldn't it be possible to pipe the channels for the MAX through the
> Asterisk box ?
>
> The whole PRI into Asterisk and a PRI cable from a second port to the
> MAX.
>
> I haven't looked much at data calls from Zap to Zap, but it looked like
> it was possible.

It most likely is possible, but I need to avoid that path for reliability
reasons - we have data calls up to the Max 24/7, and I'd be in big trouble
if I did something to cause those to go down outside of scheduled periods.

It actually looks like the Max may do what I need with something called
Drop and Insert functionality - I'm researching that. Apparently, this is
a rather common feature, but I'm new to using PRI's for this type of
purpose - always been a data guy in the past.  :)