[Asterisk-Users] zaphfc problems...

Gary Pigott asterisk at garypigott.net
Wed Aug 11 04:24:13 MST 2004

I think I'm going slightly mad.....

I've got a Dell PowerEdge 400SC (Cel 2.4GHz, 256MB RAM, 40GB HDD) that I'm
using to set up a * PBX for a (very) small startup.
It's running Debian Sarge with the stock 2.4.26 kernel (I know it's still an
"unstable" release, but  I'd need to jump through all sorts of hoops to get
Woody working properly). The plan is to use a BRI ISDN for inbound, and
fallback outbound, and IAX2 for the bulk of outbound calls over ADSL
(dialing _9X goes over IAX and _8X over ISDN. Nothing more complicated than
that). I'm using a generic HFC-S card from Billion.

I'm using vanilla bri-stuff-0.1.0-RC2k from www.junghanns.net and everything
looks right. There are no errors or warnings during startup. It seems to
work correctly (well SIP and IAX2 anyway) until I try to dial out over the
ISDN line.
I get the following:
*CLI>     -- Executing Dial("SIP/602-9964", "Zap/g1/226581") in new stack
Aug 11 11:51:08 NOTICE[245775]: app_dial.c:719 dial_exec: Unable to create
channel of type 'Zap'
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time

There are channels there:
*CLI> zap show channels
   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
 pseudo            default         en         default
      1            default         en         default
      2            default         en         default

and the zaptel, zaphfc, isdn and hisax modules are loaded correctly in the
kernel.

for anyone who's interested, the config files are at
http://www.garypigott.net/files/asterisk/extensions.conf
http://www.garypigott.net/files/asterisk/modules.conf
http://www.garypigott.net/files/asterisk/zapata.conf
http://www.garypigott.net/files/asterisk/zaptel.conf

I've looked at the previous thread, started by Wim Venneman in February, but
it doesn't apply, because I can see channels in asterisk.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Gary

Self-referencing