[Asterisk-Users] Blocking the 'Do Not Call" List

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Aug 11 04:05:12 MST 2004

mattf <mattf at vicimarketing.com> wrote:
[...]
> As for speed, AGI scripts that we use on a daily basis do thousands
> of searches a day through a 800,000 record table in less than a
> second(on a dedicated 3.2GHz MySQL DB machine) so looking through a
> million shouldn't be too bad. Asterisk will wait for the AGI to
> finish.

If "less than a second" implies "best part of a second", then that's a
bit slow, although probably still good enough for this application.
(But I personally avoid MySQL for security reasons.)

If you want *really* fast, create a CDB from the phone number list
periodically, and search that. Doing a CDB lookup takes no more than 3
disk seeks, so you're talking 20ms at most for a search.

--
Fashion is what you adopt when you don't know who you are.
								- Quentin Crisp