[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel Dial Out Issues

Bryan Vyhmeister asterisk at bsdjournal.net
Wed Aug 11 01:33:35 MST 2004

I am running asterisk 1.0-RC1 with zaptel 1.0-RC1 on Trustix 2.1 on with
a TDM400P with one FXS and three FXO modules. I am having intermittent
problems when I try to dial out from any of my Cisco 7960 or 7940 SIP
phones. I have my two analog lines configured in zapata.conf as follows:

signalling = fxs_ks
context = default
echocancel = yes
echocancelwhenbridged = yes
relaxdtmf = yes
immediate = no
busydetect = no
callprogress = no
usercallerid = yes
callerid = asreceived
;stripmsd = 1
group => 2
channel => 2-3

(NOTE: I was using ${EXTEN:1} in extensions.conf to strip out the 9
until that stopped working so I tried using stripmsd=1 in zapata.conf
which worked for a while but has now stopped functioning so I am back to
${EXTEN:1}.)

extensions.conf contains the following:

ignorepat => 9
exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN:1},70,t)
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN:1},70,t)

I find that sometimes I can dial out without issues and others it seems
like only some of the digits get out and eventually the line times out
with "your call cannot be completed as dialed." Are there known issues
with TDM400P cards not always dialing out properly? It bothers me that
this is an intermittent problem. Right at the moment I cannot dial out
at all. Earlier I could dial a 743XXXX number but not a 588XXXX number.
Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Bryan