[Asterisk-Users] AbsoluteTimeout Inside A Macro

Christopher L. Wade clwade at sparco.com
Tue Aug 10 14:59:44 MST 2004

Okay, time for an update.

I posted this as a bug.  Very quickly got informed that it is not a bug,
but instead, an undocumented 'feature'.

AbsoluteTimeout is treated as an *exception* (ie it looks like a hangup)
by most applications, including Macro, which makes most applications exit.

This being said, this is why a 'T' extension in the calling context
would run, but not a 'T' extension inside the macro.  Once macro exists,
the macro context no longer exists, and the 'T' extension inside the
macro becomes 'inaccessible'.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to implement my logic without macros.
Hopefully variables aren't screwed up by AbsoluteTimeout.

Thanks,
Chris