[Asterisk-Users] SNOM 200 and Asterisk Woes

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Tue Aug 10 14:26:32 MST 2004

Okay, this one is driving me nuts.

I have a fedora core 1 machine running asterisk from CVS.  Built last
week.  I have a couple of snom phones with the latest firmware.

Here's the issue, it's a wierd one.

You start up the phones, they register, all is good.  They show up in sip
show peers like thus:

danm/danm        65.125.237.91    D   N      255.255.255.255  5060     OK
(29 ms)

We pass a few calls in and out, and asterisk "deadlocks" (not a true
deadlock, see below).  The sip show peers list becomes frozen.  One of two
things will happen:

1) I can power down the phone and it will still show status OKAY.

2) Or, the other thing I'm seeing is that the phones will forget to
re-register.  As in, they show up in sip show peers as status UNKNOWN, but
under this non-deadlock'ed deadlock, they can still make outbound calls
fine.

Does anyone have any idea what can cause this?

-Dan Mahoney

--

"Hey Guys, does anyone know what 'poon tang' is?"

-C.S. Dave, July 8, 2K, about 12:30AM