[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP 500 - MWI Not Working

Wiley E. Siler wsiler at e2020inc.com
Tue Aug 10 13:33:24 MST 2004

Hello All,

I have Polycom IP 500 phones which I would like to have message waiting
indicators on.  So far, I have my system running well but the problem I
am seeing is that MWI doesn't seem to tell my phone that it should
display a MWI state.  The light does not show when you have message nor
is there any indicator on the text lines of a message waiting. The wiki
doesn't cover this enough to help me find why I do not get the
notification on the phone when a message is waiting.  Is tehre anyone
out there with Polycom phones who has Message Waiting Indicators working
with the IP 500?  If so, can you tell me how you got it working, what
variable to set in * or the Polycom cfg files?

Thanks!