[Asterisk-Users] Answer Call Waiting from Call Forward to Cell Phone

Matt Fontaine Fontaine at Purdue.edu
Tue Aug 10 10:35:28 MST 2004

Hello-

Sorry if you see this again, I am new to this list and accidentally put this
message in another thread.

What I want to know is, is there any way to send a hook-flash signal from a
cell phone (and then have Asterisk pass it up to the PSTN?)

I suspect we need an example.

I have an X100P to the PSTN and an S100U to an Analog Phone (ext. 3100)
Let's say my PSTN number is 555-1296. Usually, I have Asterisk take incoming
calls on the X100P and send them to the analog phone on the S100U (exten =>
s,1,Goto(3100)) and from time to time I set Asterisk to call my cell phone,
which it does over IAX with another asterisk server from a different PSTN
number.

What happens when another person calls me on 555-1296? I would like to know
how to answer the call waiting both from the analog phone and from the cell
phone. But the key is - needs to happen not at the asterisk level, but
asterisk needs to pass the flash to the PSTN.

In summary:

I call from the analog phone over IAX. S100U in use, X100P not in use. -
Call comes in, I can flash it to take the new call.

I call from the analog phone over the PSTN. S100U in use, X100P in use. -
Call comes in, I hear the PSTN-generated call waiting signal, but can't
switch - Need help here.

I get a call that is sent to my cell phone. S100U not in use, X100P in use.
- Call comes in, I hear PSTN-generated call waiting signal on my Cell Phone,
but can't switch - Need help on this one too.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!

-Matt