[Asterisk-Users] zaphfc - hfc pci based ISDN card : point2point & DDI

stan at saticed.me.uk stan at saticed.me.uk
Tue Aug 10 05:26:39 MST 2004

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 11:52:51AM +0100, Nick Barnes wrote:
> The reason I ask is that I installed a BRI system (Single Fritz! AVM card
> using chan_CAPI) last week which refused to work - turned out that British
> Telecom had provisioned the line as a point-to-point and not
> point-to-multipoint as requested. Accepting that BT were going to take
> several days to fix their cock-up, I tried to get the card to work in
> point-to-point mode, but failed miserably.
>
> I could really do with getting point-to-point working on these cards as
> they're cheap and in plentiful supply.
>
> Have I completely misunderstood the issue and am just being stoopid, or is
> it not possible to do this with these cards?

they work in ptp mode (not espcially well last time I tried) with the
mISDN drivers

> PS If HFC is the best way to go, does anybody have any recommendations on
> cheap HFC card suppliers in the UK?

search for "billion isdn pci" on ebay or other HFC-S cards listed on
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-zaptelBRI.  For new ones, i've seen them at
http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=119006&cks=PRL though not tried
them from here myself.