[Asterisk-Users] zaphfc - hfc pci based ISDN card : point2point & DDI

Nick Barnes nick at bcn-it.co.uk
Mon Aug 9 03:52:51 MST 2004

Robinson Tim-W10277:
> We are using the HFC card in point-to-point mode with DDI.
>
> I am using bri-stuff-0.0.2 as well.

So, reading between the lines....

To enable DDI/DID/DOD, the card must be run under the ZAPHFC channel driver
and therefore must be a HFC card? Can somebody confirm this?

The reason I ask is that I installed a BRI system (Single Fritz! AVM card
using chan_CAPI) last week which refused to work - turned out that British
Telecom had provisioned the line as a point-to-point and not
point-to-multipoint as requested. Accepting that BT were going to take
several days to fix their cock-up, I tried to get the card to work in
point-to-point mode, but failed miserably.

I could really do with getting point-to-point working on these cards as
they're cheap and in plentiful supply.

Have I completely misunderstood the issue and am just being stoopid, or is
it not possible to do this with these cards?

Many thanks,

Nick.

PS If HFC is the best way to go, does anybody have any recommendations on
cheap HFC card suppliers in the UK?