[Asterisk-Users] Extension Status on different phone

Sun Aug 8 22:29:21 MST 2004

Can anyone say, with the current state of asterisk (CVS version, or any
other older version), using any combination of hardware, is it possible
to display the status of one extension onto another telephone?

ie, say I am extension 510 and have a polycom IP600 with 6 lines, and
associated lights. Will a specific light come on when extension 511 is
picked up? And another light when extension 512 is picked up. etc. So in
effect, I will only use a single line on my phone, and use the other 5
lines to indicate other extensions being in use.

If the polycom isn't capable, is there any other phone, IP phone or
otherwise, that can do this?

PS, no, I don't mean using asterisk connected by E1 to some other
proprietary phone system which is then connected to the proprietary
phones. Either phones connected to FXS ports on TDM40B or IP phones.

Thanks,
Adam