[Asterisk-Users] System Requirements

Christoph Rothe asterisk-users at christophrothe.de
Sun Aug 8 13:21:18 MST 2004

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, Beierlein Moritz wrote:

> Hi
> I want to set up a Asterisk system for homeuse with SIP 2 ISDN.
> I want to register up to 25 Sip Accounts at my Provider and I want to use up to 10 SIP Phones at Home and one ISDN Phone.
> Do you think a Celeron 466 MHz machine with 128MB Ram and 13GB of HDD is enough?

Hi Moritz,

I think the 466 MHz Celeron can handle this if you do not need
excessive IVR Applications. Also the music on hold might sound choppy.

If you receive a lot of calls simultaneously, your equipment might
also be to less powerful.

I would recommend not running anything else on your machine an
probably recompile the kernel with special emphasis on its size (every
KB of free RAM counts :-)

Christoph