[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk : No Sound No Dial

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Sun Aug 8 08:15:55 MST 2004

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, niko singh wrote:

> Thanks for taking a look greg and hank. This seems to be getting bettre
> everyday..help please My sjphone is running on the same box as
> asterisk...i believe then the red hat firewall should not be a problem.

Some of these problems sound like they might be related to having sjphone
and asterisk running on the same machine: they both want to bind to port
5060. Whichever program starts first gets the port and the other one
doesn't. Maybe you'll get different results if you set one of them to run
on another port. Better still would be to run asterisk on one PC and your
softphone on a different PC.

> [general]
> port = 5060			; Port to bind to

> exten => _8.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN-1}@fwd.pulver.com,tr)

you should put a : in place of - in the above line to strip the leading 8
off the extension number.

Greg