[Asterisk-Users] WARNING[1264581056]

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Sat Aug 7 22:06:42 MST 2004

Sudhir Kumar wrote:

> I have configured my GS HT-486 for "send dtmf" in audio, and on the
> asterisk box, sip.conf has dtmfmode set to inband. Everything seems to
> be working fine, however, I see my console get flooded with the
> following warning:
>     "dsp.c:1467 ast_dsp_process: Unable to process inband DTMF on 256
> frames"
>
> Should I be cautious about them or just ignore? Better still, what
> should I do so that these warnings are not generated.

First off, upgrade your Asterisk code. That error message is quite a bit
more friendly now (not to mention all of the other improvements :)

Secondly, inband DTMF does not work on G.729 (or 256 in Asterisk's terms)

*CLI> show codecs
Disclaimer: this command is for informational purposes only.
         It does not indicate anything about your configuration.
           1 (1 <<  0)  G.723.1
           2 (1 <<  1)  GSM
           4 (1 <<  2)  G.711 u-law
           8 (1 <<  3)  G.711 A-law