[Asterisk-Users] Lots of FXS ports / Channel Bank ?

Shane Young asterisk at ShaneYoung.com
Sat Aug 7 10:10:55 MST 2004

Quoting Joel Vandal <jvandal at infoteck.qc.ca>:

> Hi,
>
> I have a client that have currently 400 analog phones (all wired w/ Cat3). I need multi-ports FXS
> interfaces but I only find 24 ports FXS (like Mediatrix 1124) but it's a little bit expensive to
> get 15-16 box (~408 FXS ports).

You can get 40 stations out of an Adit-600 using MGCP as long as you don't need to use G.729.  I
beleive it only supports 24 g.279 calls at one time.

Two of these mount side-by-side in a rack using two rack-units, giving you 80 ports in the space
many other devices will give you 48 ports.

Sadly, It seems that "rack and stack" is the cheapest way to go.