[Asterisk-Users] Vonage working with asterisk

Greg Blakely greg at vyger.net
Sat Aug 7 08:22:55 MST 2004

 Not officially.

 Several months ago, I talked with a 'rogue' tech support individual who
told me that all I needed to get my Cisco 7940 working as a soft phone
was to use port 5061 instead of port 5060.

 This translated well into asterisk, and I used it successfully for a
couple of months.

 The problem is that is has to be a SOFT PHONE account, and Vonage does
not sell JUST softphone accounts.  They have to be attached to an
existing account that uses their box.