[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk, channel banks and SDH

Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Fri Aug 6 21:29:00 MST 2004

hi,

I need some feedback on an asterisk installation my company is planning
to supply. Here's the basic structure:

PSTN -> Asterisk -> Channel Bank -> SDH --- fiber --- SDH -> analog
extension

Some additional info:

1) Fiber connects the main exchange with 8 other substations, with an
average distance of 13 or so kilometers between each station.

2) Channel bank needs to connect to 100 or so analog ports on the SDH.

Questions:
1) what channel bank would you recommend? I'm looking for one that
supports E1 since we're running EuroISDN over here, but I suppose a T1
between * and channel bank would work since it's not going to be
connected to anything else. It would have to be something reliable with
minimal maintenance on the end user's part.

2) Should the channel bank have FXO or FXS modules? The SDH at the main
exchange has an array of FXO ports (based on the schematics i received).
The SDH at the substations have FXS ports to be connected to the analog
phones.

Sorry if my questions irk the more experienced telco people on the list.
I'm just starting out and am gathering information.

Have a nice weekend!

Flynn