[Asterisk-Users] Lots of Echo with SIP -> Asterisk -> PSTN

James Freire JFreire at Comtech21.com
Fri Aug 6 10:00:21 MST 2004

Actually, I had just made another identical install using a 1.2ghz celeron and there is no more echo! THe sound is great and there is no noticable delay between the sip phone and the POTS phone its calling to on the outside world.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of Chad Brown
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 12:45 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Lots of Echo with SIP -> Asterisk -> PSTN

Hi James,

I had the same problem. Setting echotraning=yes helped me.

Also, like many people I had to tweak the rxgain and txgain. For me
these setting worked well.

rxgain=0.0
txgain=-4.0

If I tried to increase the rxgain SIP echo got really bad. Although I
could hear the PSTN caller much better. I settled for less echo. ;-)

Setting the txgain=-4.0 eliminated echo that my PSTN caller was
experiencing.

However, it seems that everyone needs different settings dependant upon
many factors...

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+echo+cancellation

Chad