[Asterisk-Users] Urgent help with Sip <------> H323 on FREEBSD

Krystian Filiks krystian.filiks at kfiliks.com
Fri Aug 6 02:10:56 MST 2004

I need some help with getting the following to work

SipPhone <------>  Asterisk <------> H323 GK (quintum)
And
H323Phone <------>  Asterisk <------> H323 GK (quintum)

I have tried to run the Asterisk from the newest ports and could after
some digging around in the configs register the SipPone to Asterisk and
Asterisk to the H323 GK.
But when I try to make a call from The SipPhone I get Segmentation
faults when I use any type of dial statement

This is how I done the ext....config file

Exten => _.,1,Dial(H323/<GK IP>)

I tried

Exten => _.,1,Dial,H323/<GK IP>
Exten => _.,1,Dial(H323/<GK IP>|60|r)
And other sorts of dial statements none of them worked

Then as suggested on the Web I got the latest CSV Head sources for
Asterisk, Asterisk-oh323-0.6.3a, OpenH323-1.13.5, and pwlib v1.6.6
When I did gmake on OpenH323 I got errors, but hen I installed the
OpenH323 from ports, then after installing the CVS asterisk it was
missing all modules like SIP etc...etc...or config files so I newer
continued

Does anyone know how to get this to work or have a idiot-proof guide how
to set up asterisk on linux with voicemail, SIP, H323 and other useful
modules as I'm not that good at Linux

/Krystian