[Asterisk-Users] Skinny and CISCO 7905G

Kubat, Philip pkubat at kubat.com
Thu Aug 5 18:12:33 MST 2004

Try

http://chan-sccp.sourceforge.net instead of the included skinny.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Alessandro
Polverini
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 6:50 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Skinny and CISCO 7905G

Hello,
I tried to configure a cisco 7905 IP phone using the skinny channel but
I had not much luck.

The relevant portion of skinny.conf is:

[cisco1]
device=SEP000F3487F8E3
callerid="Alex" <123-456-789>
mailbox=500
callwaiting=1
transfer=1
context=default
threewaycalling=1
line => 500             ; Dial(Skinny/500 at cisco1)

I set up the tftp server, and prepared the following XMLDefault.cnf.xml:

<Default>
<callManagerGroup>
<members>
<member  priority="0">
<callManager>
<ports>
<ethernetPhonePort>2000</ethernetPhonePort>
</ports>
<processNodeName>10.123.123.33</processNodeName>
</callManager>
</member>
</members>
</callManagerGroup>
</Default>

The phone get recognised and registered by asterisk, the problem is that
when I pick up the phone I get no dial tone, I think this is because
this event is not noted by asterisk.

In fact I'm able to dial the cisco from another phone (a budge tone
101), but when I pick up the phone the 7905 still rings. The funny thing
is that on the cisco I can hear what i say into the budge tone. The
other way around does not work: if I speak on the cisco nothing is heard
on the other phone.

Is there something I can do to improve the situation or simply that
device is not supported (without using a SIP image, that I'm unable to
buy, for the moment) ?

Thanks for the help,
Alex

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: