[Asterisk-Users] NAT problems

Bartosz Wegrzyn junk at lexon.ws
Thu Aug 5 15:18:58 MST 2004

Looks like it worked for 5 minutes.
After one of the test calls it stoped working.

Then I was keep trying and trying and the console was showing still
the magic IP number after the SIP/. First time it changed for broadvoice
IP it started to work back again.

Here I am lost, because I dont know if this problem is relaed to asterisk
which belongs to this group or to broadvoice which should not be here. I
guess.

Thanks

> Thanks for the helpful information.
> I must say that although I was using the port forwarding I had the
> nat=yes set on.  I did that due to the fact that my asterisk didnot work
> without this setting turned on. I dont know why.  Also, I was told by
> other people that this must be on even with port forwarding. Today, I
> changed it to off mode and now it works.  I still dont know how it will
> relate to my droped calls.  I will have to test it.  Usually I need to
> call into my box around 10-15 times, then wait some time to cause the
> issue.  I will try testing it and let you know.  So far it works even the
> IP after SIP/ is funny.
>
> Bart,

>>> externip=my DDNS Domain name
>>> bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
>>> port=5060
>>> localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
>>> disallow=all
>>> allow=ulaw
>>> context=from-broad
>>> dtmfmode=inband
>>> register => 7734660101:mysecret at sip.broadvoice.com
>>> tos=0x18
>>> srvlookup=yes
>>> nat=yes
>>> insecure=yes
>>>
>>> [Broadvoice]
>>> type=peer
>>> username=7734660101
>>> fromuser=7734660101
>>> secret=mysecret
>>> host=sip.broadvoice.com
>>> context=sip
>>> fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
>>> canreinvite=no
>>> dtmfmode=inband
>>> nat=yes
>>>
>>> [broadvoice-incoming]
>>> type=peer
>>> dtmfmode=inband
>>> host=147.135.8.128
>>> context=from-broad
>>> qualify=yes
>>> canreinvite=no
>>> disallow=all
>>> allow=ulaw
>>> nat=yes
>>>
>>> [broadvoice-incoming2]
>>> type=peer
>>> dtmfmode=inband
>>> host=147.135.0.128
>>> context=from-broad
>>> qualify=yes
>>> canreinvite=no
>>> disallow=all
>>> allow=ulaw
>>> nat=yes
>>>
>>> What is happening is that when this IP change occurs,
>>> asterisk answers incoming call, but on the other side the caller does
>>> not
>>> here anything (only 2-3 rings) and then it goes directly to the
>>> provider
>>> voicemail. When I look at the asterisk console while it is happening