[Asterisk-Users] shared voicemail

Seth Remington sremington at saberlogic.com
Thu Aug 5 11:38:48 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 13:57, Wayne wrote:
> Seth Remington wrote:
>

> >In voicemail.conf set up your Admin mailbox:
> >
> >101 => 101,Admin Mailbox,,,delete=1
> >
> >This will allow you to record your Admin prompt but the delete=1 will
> >auto delete the message from this mailbox. Then in extensions.conf:
> >
> >exten => 2,1,Voicemail(101&102&103&104)
> >
> >Change the extension and priority to what you need but the gist of it is
> >the mail will be left in all of the mailboxes that are concatenated with
> >'&' and the prompt from the first one in the list will be used.
> >
> >-Seth
> >

> Cool - was after the same kinda thing myself (just hadn't got round to
> looking yet :)) - anyways... you say that the mail is left in each of
> the extension mailboxes - is this 1 single copy that everyone can
> retrieve or 1 unique copy in each mailbox...

It is a separate unique copy in each mailbox.

> The question being - if extension 102 went into voicemail and listened
> to and deleted a 'group message' does it still exists for extensions 103
> and 104 to which they then have to go into their mailbox and delete the
> message?
> (hope that makes sense)
>
> Wayne

With the above configuration it would still exist in the other mailboxes
as well. If you want one person deleting it to affect everybody I would
assume that you would need to keep the messages in a single "shared"
mailbox (the 101 Admin mailbox in the above example). I'm not sure what
your setup is but most channel types support checking multiple mailboxes
to send a MWI. So you could alert the user if there was a message
waiting in their personal mailbox or the "group" one.

mailbox=101,102,103 in zapata.conf, sip.conf, etc...

-Seth

--
Seth Remington
SaberLogic, LLC