[Asterisk-Users] shared voicemail

Seth Remington sremington at saberlogic.com
Thu Aug 5 07:35:52 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 09:57, Altus Snyman wrote:
> Good day all
>
> I got my voicemail message working,thanks but now,keep in mind I'm using
> SIP
> We have,for example 4 people in our admin department.Each user has its
> own voicemail so that when their extension is dialed directly and not
> answered it gos to voicemail.
>
> But there is also a option to dial 3 for admin with will dial all 4
> number in sequence.This I got working 100% but now I want a shared voice
> mailbox for the admin department.For example:
> If they call extension 4 it dials user 1 for 10 seconds,then user 2 for
> 10 seconds.....if user 4 does not answer it answers with voicemail
> saying,"this is the admin dep please leave....".This message will then
> be inserted into each 4 of the admin users voice-mailboxes?
>
> Can this be done
> Thanks
> Altus

In voicemail.conf set up your Admin mailbox:

101 => 101,Admin Mailbox,,,delete=1

This will allow you to record your Admin prompt but the delete=1 will
auto delete the message from this mailbox. Then in extensions.conf:

exten => 2,1,Voicemail(101&102&103&104)

Change the extension and priority to what you need but the gist of it is
the mail will be left in all of the mailboxes that are concatenated with
'&' and the prompt from the first one in the list will be used.

-Seth

--
Seth Remington
SaberLogic, LLC