[Asterisk-Users] FCC Rules VoIP Must Be Tappable

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht list+asterisk-users at lists.wsrcc.com
Wed Aug 4 21:18:44 MST 2004

greg at vyger.net (Greg Blakely) writes:
> Does the FCC honestly expect that criminals are going to stop using
> encrypted point-to-point VOIP connections just so that they won't be
> breaking the law?
>
> Yeah, right.   I'm sure they'll all erase their encrypted IM clients so
> that the FCC will be happy.

The way I see it, just like the phone and cable companies the
Three-Letter-Agencies really hate doing "truck rolls" because of the
cost (and risk).  They would much rather punch a few keys in the
privacy of the sub-sub-basement of the J. Edgar Hoover Building.  This
is nothing other than a cost-saving measure.  The hard jobs will still
have to be done by sending people out into the field.

-wolfgang
openbsd amd64 http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/ftp/asterisk-openbsd35.patch