[Asterisk-Users] CAC AB1 and Asterisk

Ronan asterisk at tlchosting.com
Wed Aug 4 16:59:46 MST 2004

Hey all.  I called CAC.  It appears that mine has the firmware for
TR-08.  I was informed that they do sell the 3 firmware chips (1 for
each card), to make it a regular D4/ESF unit if anyone is is having this
same problem.  They are around $200 and can be purchased from their
support.

I'm probably going to get the new ones and see if that totally solves my
prob.  I'll post again with the results if we go that way.  Also, if
anyone needs to know how to identify this:

1.  On the T1 board (small skinny one where T1 plugs in, there is a big
chip by where the CAC logo is stamped.  On it it should have a sticker.
If the sticker reads "TR-08/DR", you are in the same boat as me.

2.  On the FXS boards you will see another chip similar to the first.
If it reads similar to "SLC V1.2" (Version numbers may vary), you will
need to replace the chips on this as well.

Hope this helps anyone having the same prob...

-Ronan